Is this a bug?

Drop by and say hello
Esteria

Is this a bug?

Post by Esteria »

This thread is me abusing the forums as a bugtracker.

When I resize the EL window while its loading, I get these artifacts. No, my GPU is fine. It only happens during this small timespan. The artifacts vanish a second later when the loading has finished. It was really hard to snap a screenshot of this. I'd rate the severity of this as minor. Its a tiny bit annoying but only happens during starting if it happens at all. Resizing the window later works as expected with no artifacts.

Thing number two is something I do not have a screenshot of yet because it is really hard to capture, too.

At night when there is a thunderstorm ingame, the lightning effect is black. The world is overlaid by shadows instead of light. That looks unintended. I'd rate the severity as a bit more than low since it is more common and annoying than the thing above, yet still not affecting gameplay that much.
Esteria

Re: Is this a bug?

Post by Esteria »

I finally got a screenshot of the lightning shadows bug. The shadows are inverted.

Grum

Post by Grum »

Please post bugs like these (also) on the game forums, I don't check these forums very often.

I'll take a look at the second bug. From earlier discussions, I'm assuming you run with the new water shader enabled? (Not sure it matters for the ground shadows, but just making sure I run the same setup). The first one is a bit annoying, but I'm not sure I can fix it, and it only occurs when you resize while loading.
+[+++++++>+<]>--.[-<-->]<.+++.--------.
Esteria

Post by Esteria »

The first bug which occurs while resizing while the client is loading is not as important but it would be really great if the shadow bug could be fixed.

I attached my config. Forum does not allow me to attach text files for whatever reason, so do not forget to mv the file extension.

glxinfo extended renderer info, just in case it is because of me having a too recent OpenGL version again :D

Code: Select all

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device: AMD Radeon RX 570 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.44.0, 5.16.11-arch1-2, LLVM 13.0.1) (0x67df)
    Version: 21.3.7
    Accelerated: yes
    Video memory: 8192MB
    Unified memory: no
    Preferred profile: core (0x1)
    Max core profile version: 4.6
    Max compat profile version: 4.6
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.2

Tell me if you need more info. I think I might post this to the bugtracker, too.

Edit: Dammit. The file did not get attached. See you on the bugtracker.